“Through AM&T’s efforts FourSquare/TRE was able to develop and implement an effective ISO 9001 quality management system, under an aggressive schedule, which produced significant improvements in our product yields and provided access to increased numbers of customers. They were also helpful in providing access to financial resources necessary to acquire funding to support the development of the process and its full implementation.”— Rick Haddock, President
- More successful customer development and improved customer retention
- Expected Increased sales of 25%
- New process development and equipment investment of $170, 000
- Improvements in First Pass Yields, currently at 99.5%
- Total economic impact of ISO Certification equal to $32.7M
FourSquare/TRE was founded in 1989 as a mold shop and initially focused on quick turnaround production molds and short-run injection molding projects. They have grown to become a full-service injection molding company with a focus on injection molded components, engineering / design support and assembly / finishing services.
FourSquare/TRE wanted to expand its customer base and believed that obtaining ISO certification would provide them with an advantage over their competition in bidding situations and the organizational support needed to accommodate an influx of new business.
AM&T and FourSquare/TRE began a close partnership through which a series of steps were taken to move them toward readiness for certification.
- FourSquare/TRE’s management attended a detailed briefing intended to provide a uniform understanding of the requirements of the Standard and how they impacted FourSquare/TRE’s operations.
- FourSquare/TRE’s ISO representative and AM&T jointly identified the processes which were in place and evaluated each one in terms of its ability to meet the requirements of the ISO Standard.
- A quality policy manual was prepared which addressed each clause of the ISO Standard and reflected FourSquare/TRE’s method of complying with it.
- With AM&T’s support, operating procedures were either developed or modified to ensure their conformance to the requirements of the ISO Standard. Documents were reviewed with individual process owners and fully implemented.
- Once the system was implemented, AM&T began to perform internal audits to ensure that it was functioning properly and that it was in compliance with the Standard.
Once the implemented system demonstrated proper compliance to the Standard, FourSquare/TRE began the search for a Registrar who could provide certification.
FourSquare/TRE’s implemented quality system was officially certified to the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard during the 4th quarter of 2018. This certification was achieved as a result of a very aggressive schedule and resulted in a registrar’s conformance audit that did not identify any non-conformances or opportunities for improvement. As a result of achieving their certification, FourSquare / TRE has positioned themselves as a logical choice to potential customers who are seeking a source with a proven, well controlled and implemented quality management system.
Workforce Development Institute (WDI) helped fund this project. Our grant partners are critical to our clients’ success. Without their support, many clients would struggle to find the resources to fund important projects that help them transform their businesses and achieve their growth objectives.